Saturday, March 10, 2007

Weird Days

I woke up to the news Intel confirms low power Xeon chips. Either I'm still dreaming or woke up in the wrong dimension. Now how often do you see the words low power and Xeon in the same line.

In other news Sigma released a lens having the size of a bazooka. Taking that into the battlefield will guarantee that you'll be the first casualty of war. Good God.

Last night, my camera-speedlight combo started acting weird. With the speedlight randomly preflashing whilst mounted on the hotshoe. The case of the haunted flash. I cleaned both contact surfaces and I hope the problem will go away. I'd really really hate to send my gear for service.

Found out about my brother's emo rant blog, or at least thats what I think it is. I bet he's still pissed off at the fact that we both have the same initials, and that I took the shortest possible representation. He has to fully expand his, which is a good 4 characters longer. Oh well, I came first anyway.

I've run out of storage capacity. I have a mouth watering 360 Gigabytes. And its filled to the brim. Ridiculous. ''Broadband is a transformation of limitations. From a limitation of bandwidth to a limitation of storage''. I'm afraid chucking in another hard drive will finally cause my PSU to keel over dead. And I doubt that would be the correct solution. I suppose I need to find some willpower to start deleting. Burning to DVD is the last thing I want to do, although I have a spanking new Liteon LH-18A1P. The difference in capacity is 2 orders of a magnitude.

And, you know you need a haircut when you wake up with a mouthful of your own hair. Drat.