Monday, July 21, 2008

The End of an Era

As I stand at my window peering at the world beyond me, I have always wondered if the life I envision for myself would ever come to fruition. Ironically, what I envision changes all the time, and even at this very moment, it is in a state of flux.


From an early age, I came upon the conclusion that my life like most others is merely an ordinary one. An ordinary person in an ordinary environment doing ordinary things. I am neither a great visionary nor a prodigy.

However, even within this capsule of an ordinary world which I exist, I have been blessed with much that many do not have. Raised by loving parents, supported by concerned relatives and inspired by friend and tutors alike, I am much in debt to those aforementioned.

Freed from the rigors of a menial life and provided with the opportunity to choose, I have been able to expand my horizons, perhaps, a little further beyond my window. However, the journey outward has not been uneventful, but in each slope and rise, I think I may have learnt a valuable lesson.

Now, as I begin another chapter of my journey, it is difficult for me to forsee the outcome, but alas it has to be done. As is commonly said, man fears what he doesn't know, and I do not know what lies in road ahead.

It is the end of an era, but most certainly the beginning of another.


Neither a wise man nor a brave man lies down on the tracks of history to wait for the train of the future to run over him.
- Dwight D. Eisenhower